I’m happy to announce that I’ll be attending PLAY Expo in Manchester again later this year (8th-9th October 2016), making this my 3rd year running!
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed PLAY Expo in the past and this year looks to be bigger and better than ever, thanks in part to a 20th anniversary celebration of Tomb Raider; a series I absolutely love, featuring one of the most iconic video game characters of all time.
In tribute to gaming’s first lady of adventure, the party starts with what is set to be the largest Tomb Raider panel ever assembled! Hosted by Sky Sports™ eSports commentator Matt Andrews, and with a host of famous names throughout the history of the franchise, fans will be able to engage in a Q&A with the panel as well as hear untold stories from the development of the series. With more names yet to announce, confirmed guests include:
- Ian Livingstone CBE: Former CEO of Eidos® Interactive
- Natalie Cook: Lara Croft™ original model for Tomb Raider
- Richard Morton: Lead Game Designer / Level Designer / Environmental Artist – Tomb Raider II™ – Tomb Raider III™ – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation™ –Tomb Raider Chronicles™ – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness™
- Gavin Rummery: Programmer for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness / Head of Core® Design
- Heather Gibson: Level Designer for Tomb Raider / Tomb Raider II
- Andy Sandham: Level Designer / Artist / Script Writer – Tomb Raider III – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation – Tomb Raider Chronicles
- Murti Schofield: Lead Writer / Casting – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
- Nathan McCree: Composer – Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider III
With so many cast and development members’ together at last, no reunion on this scale would be complete without the opportunity to capture the moment, and a Tomb Raider themed photo shoot will be the perfect place stand shoulder-to-shoulder with gaming’s greatest heroes!
In a feat worthy of Lara herself, PLAY Expo Manchester has scoured the globe unearthing the rarest of Tomb Raider collectibles, merchandise and memorabilia, on show in a specially designed display. Respecting the ground-breaking gameplay that has defined the series for two decades, PLAY Expo Manchester journeys through time, with every single Tomb Raider game throughout the ages on display and ready to play!
You can read about my previous experiences of PLAY Expo here:
You can also find out more about PLAY Expo Manchester, including purchasing tickets for the event on their official website: www.playexpomanchester.com